Chemex Six Cup Classic Series used together with the scientifically designed, patented CHEMEX® Bonded Filters, will guarantee that our pour over brewing process will deliver the perfect cup of coffee, without any sediments or bitter elements.
Check out Brewing 101 With CHEMEX® – How to Brew the best cup you have every time you have it
Chemex Quick Brew Guide
Brew times: approx. 4 minutes
- Unfold your flat bottomed filter paper and place the fold away from the spout and multiple folds lined up against the spout.
- Rinse the filter with hot water to get a nice even seal all the way around. This preheats the brewer and gets rid of any paper flavour from the filter. Discard the rinse water.
- Grind your coffee. The grounds should be slightly courser than that of the Hario.
- Dose the Chemex. We recommend a ratio of 1:15. Meaning, for 500g of water, use 33g of coffee.
- Slowly pour twice the amount of water that you have coffee into your grounds. For example, 66g of water if you have 33g of coffee. Work your way outward gently, and avoid pouring down the sides of the filter. Let the coffee bloom for 45 seconds. The bloom ensures the gasses have escaped and now even water dispersion can take place.
- Keep pouring slowly in a spiral motion; from the centre to the outside avoiding pouring down the sides of the filter paper. Pour over the dark spots and avoid the light ones.
- The trick is to have a steady stream of water hitting the coffee throughout the brew. Also try not to fill the brewer all the way to the top when pouring. Pour slowly and keep the water as low as possible.
- The complete brewing process should take 3 minutes.